Sunday 3 July 2011

Water Baby

When I was a kid, it seemed like I was always swimming during the summers. I used to vacation at my grandparent's cabin, which is surrounded by a two beautiful ponds. Even during cold summer days, when the water temperature was too cool for swimming, my sisters and I used to beg my grandfather to take us down to the pond for a dip. He would eventually relent to our continued persistance, and we'd happily get in the water and play even though we were practically freezing.
I am not brave enough to get in the water now when it's cold. And I am not a big fan of polar dips. I wonder how this man does it:



Until our chilly Newfoundland water finally warms up, I am daydreaming about swimming in a hot spring in Iceland...



...or imagining myself floating in the Dead Sea, while reading the newsapaper. Aren't these pictures lovely?


1 comment:

  1. floating in the dead sea is fun! I too swim less now than when I was a kid, but just the sight of water relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete