Saturday 2 July 2011

Things that I Am/Not

My name is Laura.

Some of the things that I love:
reading a good book in the bath, drinking tea, sleeping in tents under the stars, birthday cakes, and some decidedly grandmotherly things.



I am not a grandmother, I am twenty-four years old and I have no children (yet).

Some of the things that I am not:
a good dancer, a rockstar, a small-taker, a go-getter, a comedian who always gets the punch line right.

Some of the things that I am:
a nurse, a fiancee, a sister, a daydreamer, and a crazy cat lady.




I live in St. John's, Newfoundland. It's a rocky, mostly snowy island on Canada's east coast, for anyone that is dusty on their Canadian geography. With icebergs!




I love that in my city you can smell the ocean wherever you go, see rows of candy-coloured jellybean townhouses, and say hello to strangers on the street like they are your friend.

I do not live in one of the aforementioned jellybean houses, but maybe I will someday.



This blog might turn out to be a muddled, incomprensible mess like most of my thoughts, but I am writing this for me, unless you want to read this too. By all means!

xoxo
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I hope you had a great Canada Day too!
    Happy blogging to you!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. your town looks beautiful! are those your cute kitties?

    ReplyDelete