Monday 4 July 2011

Summer Bucket List

Happy belated Canada Day, and happy American Fourth of July!

I am inspired by the blog Mighty Girl, where Maggie Berry has created a Mighty Life List of a hundred things to do before she dies. In her list, she includes adventurous goals such as "see a glacier in antarctica" and "wear a sequin bikini to Carnival", as well as more humble ambitions like "make a peaceful living space for our family".

So I've decided to do a short list for things I would like to achieve this summer. Each time I am successful with crossing something off the list, I'll let you know. Here goes:

1. Go to the Brigus Blueberry Festival, and eat lots of blueberry pie and blueberry pancakes.

2. Go camping in a tent and sleep under the stars.



3. Take long hikes, up Signal Hill and Butterpot Mountain and Topsail Bluff.

4. Eat as much icecream as I can. Every day. Maybe twice a day.



5. Make some weddings plans! Read Once Wed and Project Wedding daily.

6. Buy a pretty summer dress, like this one from J-Crew.



7. Make deserts that are edible for my fiance, Kyle. Starting with this deep dish cookie. You bake it in the oven in a ramakin, top with cold icecream, and eat straightaway. Yum.



8. Start my application for a Masters of Nursing program.

9. Have loads of dinner parties, with results that are also edible. And sit by a campfire afterward.

10. ...and continue to write in this blog every day!

What are your plans for this summer?

xoxo
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you. I love the list. You can never have too much ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like youve got great plans going already! i have a HUGEEEE list. but i figured if i gave myself a long list I would try harder to finish it, because im an overachiever. soooo i will get back to you on how it goes lol. :)


    the style projects

    ReplyDelete