Happy belated Canada Day, and happy American Fourth of July!
I am inspired by the blog Mighty Girl, where Maggie Berry has created a Mighty Life List of a hundred things to do before she dies. In her list, she includes adventurous goals such as "see a glacier in antarctica" and "wear a sequin bikini to Carnival", as well as more humble ambitions like "make a peaceful living space for our family".
So I've decided to do a short list for things I would like to achieve this summer. Each time I am successful with crossing something off the list, I'll let you know. Here goes:
1. Go to the Brigus Blueberry Festival, and eat lots of blueberry pie and blueberry pancakes.
2. Go camping in a tent and sleep under the stars.
3. Take long hikes, up Signal Hill and Butterpot Mountain and Topsail Bluff.
4. Eat as much icecream as I can. Every day. Maybe twice a day.
5. Make some weddings plans! Read Once Wed and Project Wedding daily.
6. Buy a pretty summer dress, like this one from J-Crew.
7. Make deserts that are edible for my fiance, Kyle. Starting with this deep dish cookie. You bake it in the oven in a ramakin, top with cold icecream, and eat straightaway. Yum.
8. Start my application for a Masters of Nursing program.
9. Have loads of dinner parties, with results that are also edible. And sit by a campfire afterward.
10. ...and continue to write in this blog every day!
What are your plans for this summer?